Monday 11 April 2016

"BATTLE BEASTS WARS" Customized Battle Beasts figures inspired in Transformers characters


Recently I´ve been talking with my friend J. who is one of the best Battle Beasts collector I´ve ever knew and I know that he own one of the greatest collection of this figures ever gathered. We were exchanging pictures of our figures and he show me a beautiful customized figure of his own. This remembered me that I have some custom figures stored in a little white box for the last years so I decide to take pictures of them and share with him. Now, I will show them in the blog.

This custom figures are inspired in several Transformers Beast Wars characters and some others in the classic G1.

RHINOX AND B´BOOM
Well... Rocky Rhino was, of course, repainted as Beast Wars Rhinox. The skin was painted like the original Rhinox figure and the armour is in the same green that this toy have in his mechanical parts when in robot mode. Horns and other details were painted in gold. Manic Mandrill colors were chosen representing B´Boom, known as "Apache" in Japan. I use a base of bright metallic for all the figure and the blue skin was painted over the metallics giving a more natural and cohesive effect for this character.


IRONHIDE AND TARANTULAS
Ironhide, the big elephant who combines with his partners Prowl and Silverbolt to merge into Magnaboss. The original Battle Beasts character of Sledgehammer Elephant was painted with a grey skin and the armour in red, making of this figure a representative of BW and G1 Ironhide. The Ironhide picture mate represents Tarantulas and a figure of Web Slinger Spider was used for him. the original BW Tarantulas figure has some translucent plastics in a black/purple color, to represent this I used the same method that the B´Boom´ skin.


RAZORCLAW AND G1 HOUND

Razorclaw is a weird character because he has at least three repaints and has been used as Predacon and Maximal. When I painted this figure of BB Crusty Crab I have in mind the first shot of Razorclaw. The crustacean shell skin was painted with the B´Boom and Tarantulas method but like the other cases in a different color. Show at the right of the picture is the G1 character Hound. This custom has been based in the BB Danger Dog. This is the darkest figures of them all (in color terms) because I need to represent the dog skin in black, like the inner parts of the G1 Hound and the armour in a militar green, like his jeep mode.



SNARL
Snarl was one of the first "basic" figures of the Beast Wars line. The Sly Fox figure was first repared using modelling stuff in the ears because seems that some nervous kid bit them in the past. Only armour, eyes and ears has been painted on this figure.

I know that some other customized Battle Beasts are hidden somewhere out of my memory. I hope to find them soon to take a few pictures... Optimus Primal where are you???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...